your music as you play
- All the controls you need for performing and songwriting
Choose from a massive library of production-quality sounds
Borrowing from the Tyros series and many other successful forerunners, the Yamaha PSR-S970 offers you an expansive collection of amazing sounds you can use to play music of all different genres. In total, we’re talking about 1,510 unique voices, ranging from bread-and-butter DX sounds to the Super Articulation Voices we’ve been impressed with ever since Yamaha first came to Sweetwater to show them off. Powerful onboard effects, including Real Distortion, Real Reverb, and other VCM (Virtual Circuitry Modeling) effects let you completely transform your sounds. Want vocal harmonies? Plug in a mic and fire up Harmony 2, and you can get singing synth effects courtesy of the onboard Synth Vocoder.
Accompaniment Styles fill out your music as you play
If you’ve never had the pleasure of sitting down at one of Yamaha’s arranger keyboard, then you’re in for a real treat the first time you get your hands on your PSR-S970. Just call up one of the 450 onboard Accompaniment Styles and prepare to be blown away. As soon as you start playing, a professional band jumps in, filling in all the extra parts (bass, rhythm, accents, etc) around the notes you play. There are several ways Accompaniment Styles work, allowing you to trigger key changes, add in fills, and preform in many different ways, but they’re all amazing. There are also exciting new DJ Styles, which let you free up a hand for the function-assignable Live Controls and Multi Pads onboard the PSR-S970, allowing you to create compelling and dynamic electronic music on the fly. What’s more, the PSR-S970 features 40 of Yamaha’s Audio Style recorded backing tracks, plus an extra 128MB of extra storage space just for add-on Audio Styles in addition to the 512MB for general Voice and Style expansions.
All the controls you need for performing and songwriting
When you check out the PSR-S970’s array of controls, starting with pitch and mod wheels and spanning to footswitches, assignable Live Controls, and Multi Pads that let you trigger samples, it couldn’t be clearer that this keyboard was built with real-time performance in mind. Yamaha even includes a highly detailed 7″ color LCD, which can do everything from display musical notation to provide critical instrument information at a glance – no more squinting at small readouts! And if you sing or perform with a guitarist, there are even more performance options onboard the PSR-S970, including special vocal and guitar effects to enhance your sound. Tie all of that together with a 16-track sequencer, audio recording capabilities, and karaoke-style music playback, and you have an arranger that’s perfect for songwriting and live performance.
Yamaha PRS-S970 Arranger Keyboard Features:
- A 61-key arranger keyboard that’s perfect for live performance and studio songwriting
- 1,510 voices and 450 Accompaniment Styles make finding the ideal sound and backing tracks painless
- Includes 67 Super Articulation!, 23 Mega Voices, 27 Sweet! Voices, 64 Cool! Voices, 71 Live! Voices, 20 Organ Flutes!
- Accompaniment Styles include many popular musical genres plus all-new DJ Styles and recorded Audio Style backing tracks
- Expand your library with 512MB memory for Voice and Style Expansion Packs and 128MB for more Audio Styles
- Enhance your sounds with hundreds of effects options, including Real Distortion, Real Reverb, VCM effects
- Easy-to-use user interface includes a 7″ widescreen color display, Multi Pad triggers, and assignable Live Controller knobs
- Microphone and guitar input let you fill out your music with vocals or other accompaniment
- Harmony 2 and Vocoder Synth effects let you transform your vocal sound
- Audio recording and 16-track sequencer onboard let you write music whenever inspiration strikes
- Built-in stereo sound system lets you play without headphones or an external monitor
Create, perform, and record your music with a Yamaha PRS-S970 arranger keyboard!
|Number of Keys||61|
|Presets||41 Drums, 480 XG Voices|
|Effects Types||Reverb, Chorus, Arpeggio, Vocal Effects, EQ’s, Guitar Dynamics|
|Audio Inputs||1 x 1/8″ Aux, 1 x 1/4” Instrument/Mic|
|Audio Outputs||2 x 1/4” Left/Right, 1 x 1/4″ Headphones|
|USB||1 x Type A, 1 x Type B|
|Pedal Inputs||1 x Sustain, 2 x Articulation|
|Manufacturer Part Number||PSRS970|